Screening of Patients
- Our Medical Team will be available prior to clinical acceptance of patients to the facility for clinical guidance.
- We review of appropriate laboratory/ diagnostic reports from the hospital to obtain baseline clinical picture.
- Once patients are identified with known heart disease or at risk for cardiovascular events our medical team will treat accordingly
Onsite at least 2x a week
- Cardiac care is based on a comprehensive plan of care that is provided by our physicians and health care practitioners who are well-trained in chronic care to meet the patient’s individualized goals, preferences, and clinical status.
- We provide appropriate clinical health teachings and formalized onsite consultations
- We provide and implement clinical pathways for the treatment or triage of patients demonstrating cardiac decompensation.
- Monitoring of vital signs, evaluate for signs of orthostatic hypotension especially for high-risk elderly patients treated with diuretics and vasodilators.
- Medication regimen; commonly used medications: Ace Inhibitors, Angiotensin II Receptor Blocking Agents, Diuretics, Beta Blockers, and Digoxin. Monitor compliance with medications and therapeutic diet.
- Work with your therapist to provide a graded exercise program. Prescribe and plan optimal and up to date medical therapy
- Evaluate for comorbidities
- Complete appropriate diagnostic studies.
- Work with your dietician for dietary management.
- Our Medical team will be available via phone and telecommunications when not physically in the building when questions arise.
- Care, which encompasses the transition from hospital discharge to patient’s own cardiologist, is essential for all patients with complex cardiac care needs.